Dear KISD Parents,
In abundance of caution for student/staff safety and health, school will not be in session on Friday, March 13th which was scheduled for a half-day session prior to our spring break week beginning.
Due to email communications that I received Thursday night, March 12th from the Texas Education Agency/ESC Region 10 officials, and some information on the Dallas/Ft. Worth news stations after 10:00 PM, regarding updates on the coronavirus, that I believe it is in the best interest of all, to close school.
Please be looking for further notifications regarding any possible additional school closings as we closely monitor this situation with the coronavirus.
Please continue to follow the recommendations of health officials to support the prevention of the spreading of illnesses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Thank you for your support and cooperation with this early morning notification and please take care of yourselves and your family.
Dr. Lisa A. Gonzales